We are pleased to share that Physicians Medical Group of Santa Cruz (PMG) has signed an agreement with Dignity Health Medical Foundation (DHMF) to manage the health plan administrative functions that PMG currently provides to you on behalf of your doctor. You are receiving this letter because your health plan is administered by PMG and you receive care by PMG-affiliated physicians.
You may be already familiar with DHMF. PMG has had a history of successful collaborations with DHMF physicians in this community. They’re part of the Dignity Health family which includes Dominican Hospital and Dignity Health Medical Group – Dominican clinics.
What You Need to Know
There is nothing you need to do as a result of this announcement. This is simply a change in who administers managed care health plans.
- You can continue to see your same primary and specialty care doctor and keep your existing appointments.
- PMG doctors will remain independent, stay at their current office locations, and keep their same phone numbers.
- Your health plan will not change and you do not need to choose a different health plan. If you haven’t already, you will receive new ID cards from your health plan. Your new ID card will reference PMG’s new name.
- We are working closely with employer groups to provide support throughout this transition.
- We will have a new name but the name change may happen over time. The names and logos that you see on the letters you received, our website and the name referenced by your health plan will be updated gradually.
We’re Changing Our Name
As a result of this agreement, PMG will officially become Dignity Health Medical Network (DHMN). Our new name represents who we are now and what we will be moving forward – a network of independent providers serving the health care needs of this community – while delivering high quality, affordable care on this side of the hill.
Everything you had with PMG will continue with Dignity Health Medical Network. However, this collaboration will give us the added ability to offer our patients more integrated and comprehensive services as well as the possibility of additional health plan options in the future.
Patient care remains our top priority through this transition. If you have questions about this announcement, you can call your local PMG Patient Care Coordinators at (831) 465-7800.
Anne-Marie Jackson, MD Marvin Labrie
President, Board of Directors Chief Executive Officer
Physicians Medical Group of Santa Cruz Physicians Medical Group of Santa Cruz